June 8, 2011

Lucky Dog Rescue Blog: Humane Society???

Lucky Dog Rescue Blog: Humane Society???: "What does the term “humane” really mean? Does it mean kindness, mercy, and compassion? Does it involve a concerted effort to inflict the min..."

This is a great post on Humane Societies. I've come to this realization over the last few years and have been supporting local small scale rescues vs. our big humane societies in the GTA especially since there was such an upheaval a few years ago. In support of local rescues there is a walk-a-thon this weekend that myself and my fiance are walking in to raise money. Quinn and I are walking to raise money for Big On Beagles Rescue while Lexi and my fiance are walking for Westies In Need.

It should be a great event and it's happening in conjunction with Woofstock, which is the largest outdoor festival for dogs in North America. We can't wait!!

Lets go, lets go!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment